Thursday 23 August 2012


Here's a w(rap) of misery for you. Based on the time I ended up in rehab for the second time after two overdoses on some rat-poisoned gear that wasn't easy. Enough to put anyone off going (back) down the dirt-brown track? It was my last straw situation as far as heroin was concerned. The good times had had it at that point, spurred on by the twin towers war on (drugs/opium/terror? You decide)...



Eleven Year Blues

I used to be pinned
But my tolerance is rising
I used to feel the rush
But the lack of it’s surprising
I used to chase dreams
Now the mainline is collapsing
I used to feel high
Now normality ain’t relaxing

Sitting in reality the heroin don’t cut it
And I’m shitting myself believing in the lies: how shall I put it?
How many times did I recover without recovery?
How many miles did I stagger towards the lover me
Arse hangin out of a pair of bondage trousers
Pickin’ me scabs and eating them then calling straightheads losers

How many nights of insomnia and nightmares
Visions of my funeral some fucker get me outta here

Holding together forevers that never exceeded expectations
Monsters from peripheries delusional lamentations

Music in my mind but the decks ain’t got a record on
Bouncing off the tenements and back at me and then it’s gone
Some motherfucker throws a quid at me and goes
With a face full of pity, I ain’t beggin’ but it shows
Am I destined for the place where humanity gives up on me
From needle to the grave what society expects of me
Diggin’ holes in my soul leaving black tattoo spots
My veins are running out and I’m just left with whats

Give me strength to go on cos I ain’t got none,
Cos I’m pukin’ up the bile and my sanity’s gone
Pissing blood, sunken eyes like the junkie clichés
Kissing mud drunk on lies as I dream of my grave

Guess that’s the place that I called rock bottom
Remember me to paradise before I’m forgotten.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Vee, I enjoyed chapter 1 ! Looking forward to chapter 2. Nice 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karl,
    Thanks for taking the time to read. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've been proof reading and editing for so long now that it's hard to spot the important mistakes and I spotted yet another but I'll wait to see if anyone notices it instead of stressing.
    Maybe I should have a competition to see who can spot the mistake, it's in Chapter 1 and I missed out two words. Whoever spots it gets chapter 2 dead-icated to them.
    Anyway, thanks again for reading. Being new to blogging it's great to get feedback already, being an eternal cynic, I was wondering if anyone would even look!
    Well have a great day Karl
    Love&Inspiration,
    Vee X

    ReplyDelete